July 11, 2012

Shau Kei Wan


Striped crop top (American Apparel), linen shorts (Zara), neon yellow sandals (Sam Edelman), watch (Casio - American Apparel), and clutch (MISCHA)

Too hot for form fitting clothes, excuse the square helmet of hair, I had it in a bun as I slurped up ma nooooodles (read below).



My brother and I spent a good hour and a half of our Sunday sitting in the Shau Kei Wan China Visa renewal waiting room (woooo!) because my visa expired a year (or two) ago and we want to go to China soon. We were both super hungry and tired, so when we finally made our way over to our favourite noodle shack (specifically fish ball noodles) we were super happy. This small restaurant is on a road with a slew of other yummaaay restaurants, there's actually another noodle place two stores down, that's more famous and more crowded - but if you're in Shau Kei Wan, and feelin' like some fishballs, head over to this one (picture above) instead - less of a wait and the food is just as good (I've tried both!).

I've been contemplating blogging in Chinese (I am 100% Chinese for anyone wondering) for awhile, as you will probably tell after reading the blurb below, my Chinese isn't THE best (my bad). But I've learned that Chinese is very very very VERY important, and I see no harm in embarrassing myself a little to exercise my Chinese skillz (or lack thereof?):

星期天我和哥哥去了筲箕湾的中国旅行社去我的回乡证。中午我在筲箕湾食街的一间专卖鱼蛋粉的小店吃午,旁有一间比较出名,墙上有很多名人的照片,也有很多人排队,但是我认为这两店的食物水准差不多,所以如果你想去吃鱼蛋粉可以试一试我介绍的这间小店,那里的香葱鱼蛋河粉很好吃!(不过他们晚上很早就关门了-这间小店在食街的后面)

And I leave you with this parting shot:


The weather was 'meh' last week, so I couldn't take this baby out until now (I'm paranoid that if I don't carry an umbrella, it's going to rain - so I need a bag that will fit an umbrella!!) Now I just have to find an umbrella that will fit into this baby..

Photos by my brother

*I've changed the comment settings so that you don't have to have a google account to comment!

6 comments:

  1. 你的中文进步了很多,让我我为你感到骄傲!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so lucky to be able to write in Chinese... I've always wanted to learn and it's my fault for being lazy but I can only read food words..hehehe.... the stomach has a will while the rest of me doesn't. :P
    I really like this look- very simple

    Sam
    http://www.samishome.com

    ReplyDelete

let me know what you think!